10 Steps to Create Perfect Marketing Plan
A Perfect marketing plan helps your customer understand why your product or service is better than the competition.
Here are the main steps to create a perfect marketing plan that works:
1. Executive Summary
In this step, you will focus on the plan overall, the mission of your company, explanation for the product or the service and the team who will work on this plan.
Here you will focus on the challenges that will face the success of your plan or your company.
After defining all the challenges we will move to research and in this step, you will need:
- Analysis of the internal situation of the company like the financial or the service or place or the team.
- Analysis of the competitors and define their competitive advantage.
- SWOT Analysis (Strength – Weakness – Opportunities – Threats) for the company.
- Understand the targeted buyer persona.
- Define the buying cycle for the targeted persona.
- Define the social factors like the interest, the attitude and the lifestyle.
- Define the technological factors.
- Define the economic and political factors like taxes.
- Define the environmental factors like clients expectations.
- Define the legal factors.
4. Marketing Objectives
Now after finishing research, you need to define the objectives but don’t forget that your objectives should be SMART (Specific – Measurable – Able to achieve – Realistic – Time management).
This step contains many items:
- Define which social media channels you will use.
- Define the content and the offers.
- Define the USP (Unique Selling Position).
- Make sure that your website works and deliver your brand message.
- Deine which technique you are using pull or push or both?
Here we will define:
- The tools we are going to use like CRM or Offline Ads Activity
- The value of the product for the customers and when to change the properties of the product
- The policy of pricing and the offers
7. Marketing implementations
After defining tools and tactics, we will start to creating Action Plan and it contains:
- The size of Marketing Projects
- Define the objectives
- Define the budget
- Define the duration of the project
- Define the expected results
Always the problems of any activity or plan or campaign are:
- Planning Problem
- Optimization problem
- Control Problem
The control is the most important step in any activity.
In this step, you make sure that your plan is working well without any problems and whether you are achieving your goals or not?
Also, you need to make A/B testing campaign to define which technique working well for your company.
Here we write a summary of the plan and focus on the main points and any tips.
Here we attach the files related to the plan like the market size, Commissions, Profit margin and break-even analysis.
Finally here are the top 6 tools to help you in the planning process: