New Update from Facebook today:
Now lead ads are available to advertisers everywhere with a host of additional features that make signing up for business information easy for people and more valuable for businesses. Here are the details on this new ad type that connects businesses with the people who want to hear from them.
- Access to your business’s Facebook Page.
- An image for your ad.
When you’re ready, go to your Power Editor. Below are instructions for what to do at the campaign, ad set and ad levels.
- Create a new ad set and give it a name.
- At the ad set level, select your Page (you’ll need to accept the terms here to continue), Budget, Schedule, Audience, Placement, Optimization & Pricing and Delivery Type. Unlike other campaign types, you’ll only be able to select mobile placements. You also cannot target lead ads to people under the age of 18.
- Create a new ad and give it a name.
- Select your Facebook Page, Creative and Tracking.
- Under Lead Generation click Create New Form.
- Give your form a name, select a language, then click Next. Keep in mind the language you choose here is the language your audience will view your form in.
- Under What information would you like to ask for? you’ll see Full name and Email address are checked. You can also click More options if you want to ask for more info.
- When you’re finished adding questions (3 is the maximum), click Next.
- Enter the website URL you want people to go to after they complete your form, then click Preview Form.
- Navigate through your form and make changes if necessary.
- Click Create Form.
- Click Upload Changes at the top of Power Editor
In the coming weeks, lead ads will be available in new formats, including video and carousel, and also available on desktop, so businesses can collect ads from people on any device.