Be Updated With The Latest News Happened In Social Networks Last Week
imfnd brings together the latest news happened in social networks last week to help you stay up to date with social media, here are some of the news items that caught our attention.
1- Facebook Makes Messenger Ads Available Globally
- Messenger announce the global beta expansion of Messenger ads which give businesses around the world a new way to use Facebook targeting to extend their reach to people directly on their home tab.
- Here’s how it works:
2- Facebook Adds Instagram Retargeting Options to Custom Audience
- Now within the “Audiences” tab in Facebook’s Business Manager, three retargeting options for Instagram appear under the Engagement objective when creating a Custom Audience:
- Video allows you to create a list of people who watched a certain length of your video (based on seconds or % completion).
- Lead form is a list of people who’ve opened, completed, or haven’t submitted the form.
- Instagram business profile is a list of anyone who’s interacted with your profile page.
3- Facebook Live Is Now Available On The Spaces Beta VR App
- The Facebook Spaces VR app now also gives you the ability to go Live. Also, there’s a summer sale on Rift and Touch in your hands for as little as $399.
4- Now You Can Upload GIFs Directly On Facebook
Facebook is now allowing users to upload GIFs just like an image or video on the platform without having to rely on an external GIF-hosting service.
1- Twitter Adds Several New Advanced Notification Filters
- Twitter introduced some new advanced filters for notifications on the platform that help Twitter users now block notifications from: Accounts that are new (that you don’t follow), accounts that don’t follow you (that you don’t follow), accounts you don’t follow, accounts with a default profile photo (that you don’t follow), accounts without a confirmed email address (that you don’t follow), accounts without a confirmed phone number (that you don’t follow).
1- LinkedIn Adds New Customisable Notification Features
Users on LinkedIn will now get several new customisable notifications to stay up to date with what’s happening in their network.
- Daily Rundown
- Search Appearances
- Customise your notifications
2- LinkedIn Jumps on Video Sharing
- LinkedIn now allows users to upload native video through its app. Videos can be shot horizontally or vertically and like Facebook will play automatically when browsing. Video creators can record up to 10 minutes of video and will have access to analytics such as view count, likes, and shares.
1- Google Image Search Can Now Display Results for Videos
- With the help of structured data markup, it is now possible to get Google Image Search to return results for videos.
2- Google Begins Rolling Out Messaging Feature Within Google My Business
- You can now message with your customers directly via your Google local panel in mobile search.
3- Google Tests a Google My Business Dashboard Within the Web Search Results
- Google is now testing a feature that shows a business owner who has logged in to their account a miniature Google My Business dashboard when they do a search for their business name in Google.
4- Google AdWords Now Supports Remarketing to YouTube Viewers
- Google AdWords has rolled out the ability to remarket search ads to those who have watched a business’s YouTube videos.YouTube already allows advertisers to remarket YouTube ads to people who have previously interacted with their channel.Now, that same list of people can be used with remarketing lists for search ads.
5- Google Is Now Suggesting ‘Best Torrent & Streaming Sites’ Directly in Search
- Google is now displaying suggestions for popular torrent & Streaming websites at the top of the search.
6- Google’s Free Desktop Backup Tool Is Now Available
- Google has launched an app for both Mac and PC to sync all data on your computer and mobile.
Backup and Sync will automatically upload all the files and folders you choose on your computer to your Google Drive or Google Photos cloud storage (the tool works with both services).
7- Google Updates Forms with Intelligent Response Validation, Cross-Domain Uploads and More
- Google today announced an update to Forms, its service for building online surveys to collect information.
8- Google Bans Its Ads on Sites That Use Those Annoying ‘Pop-Unders’
- Now Google ads cannot run on the pop-unders themselves, and that the website triggering this type of advertisement won’t be able to run Google ads, either.
- Along with this, Google says it’s also no longer allowing its ads on web pages that appear as a pop-up, in addition to the ad ban on pop-under pages.