What is a Facebook Pixel ?
A Facebook pixel is code that you place on your website. It helps you track conversions from Facebook ads, optimize ads Based on collected data, build targeted audiences for future ads, and re-market to qualified leads-people who have already taken some kind of action on your website, and it works by placing and triggering cookies to track users as they interact with your website and your Facebook ads.
The Top 4 Benefits of using a Facebook pixel :
- Track conversion.
- Create lookalike audience.
- Run effective ads
How to install it on your website:
- Log in to your Facebook account and go to Ads Manager.
- Click the Menu (top left) and select PIXELS.
- Click the CREATE A PIXEL button.
- After you’ve created the Pixel, you’ll need to then download a file with that information
- so that you can upload it to WordPress
- Return to the Pixels Section in Facebook Ads Manager
- Select ‘Set Up Pixel’ then choose ‘Use an Integration or Tag Manager’
- Click ‘WordPress’ and download the .zip file that you will need to install into WordPress via your Admin Panel
- Log into WordPress and navigate to your Admin Panel
- Choose Plugins and click Add New
- click ‘Choose File’ and select ‘Facebook-pixel-for-wordpress-[your_pixel_ID].zip’
- Click ‘Install Now’
- Click ‘Activate Plugin’