Did you know that there are over 1.82 billion social network users worldwide?
That number is expected to increase to approximately 2.33 by 2017.
The following are 13 social media engagement tactics tips to improve and increase engagement with your followers, thereby strengthening your brand’s identity across the social media platforms.
1) Instagram Hashtag Strategy
Using the most relevant and effective hashtags can be the difference between Instagram success and failure.
So, How can you find hashtags that make sense for your business?
- Write down the search terms or phrases people use when talking about your company, industry or niche.
- Go to Instagram and type your hashtag into search. For example, if I was looking for people posting about Social Media , you have to add #sociamedia into search.
- Take a look at the number of posts within that search. Are there an abundance of posts and will it be difficult to capture audience attention? You want to find a hashtag that’s active, but not overly active beside gathering info and insights about content type and strategy on these hashtags which made the audience interact with the posts.
- look at the related hashtags that Instagram offers when you run your search. Look at the number of posts found in each one and determine which hashtags will be most effective in getting your message out.
Two Useful tools will help you to discover hashtags:
- Tagboard – Tagboard searches multiple social networks and displays the most popular content within that topic. Search any hashtag and quickly interact with those actively posting content with that tag.
- Tags for Likes – This is an app available for iPhone and Android that takes the guesswork out of popular hashtags.
2) Know why your audience is on social media
Why does your audience log into a specific social media platform?
Perhaps your target audience loves using Facebook to browse through news stories. If that’s the case, post more newsworthy content.
On the other hand, your audience might log in to Instagram to look at their friend’s pictures. If that’s the case, you’ll have a better chance of stopping the scroll by posting behind-the-scenes pictures from your business.
Ax Example: If someone sees a picture of one of your employees doing something fun, they’re more likely to stop and check out what’s happening in the picture.
3) Make Use of Free Social Media Listening/Monitoring Tools
Your online reputation can make or break your brand, So you have to know always what people are saying about your brand? By using tools that monitor and listen to your social media activity.
Here are a few tools that have free versions that should do the job:
4) Be Visual
Social media and visual content go hand-in-hand. In fact, using images or graphics has some serious benefits for social media. Research by social media examiner has discovered that images can result in an 85% interaction rate on Facebook and increased retweets by 35%.
You have always share a relevant infographic or chart that your audience will enjoy and share.
There are also plenty of other creative options for adding images to your social media account that include:
A behind the scenes shot of a new product or service
Highlighting team members
Old photos of team members, such as when they were children, or previous brand logos
Asking followers to add a caption to an image
Asking followers to share your image in action
Holding a photo contest
Sharing images from an industry event
- Create cool and easy infographics with Piktochart.
5) Improve Engagement With Video Content
Video content has always been a source of viral content on social media and a lot of marketers are discovering its true value for conversion. According to the EyeView Digital report, landing pages with videos improve conversion rates by 80% With YouTube being the second most popular search engine on the planet and 51.9 percent of marketing professionals worldwide naming video as the leading type of content for best ROI.
Useful tools for making videos:
6) Conduct polls and surveys
People are often willing to provide you their opinion and this is especially true on social media networks.
This means that conducting polls and surveys about your services, products, and brand, in general, are great ways to engage your followers and obtain valuable information about your customer base.
It also shows them that you care about their feedback and suggestion, which in turn helps to build trust and loyalty, further strengthening your brand identity and reputation.
- You can use an easy tool for surveys like: SurveyMonkey
7) Join Twitter chats
Instead of posting Tweets or sending direct messages, you can have conversations using Twitter chats. This is beneficial because Twitter chats allows you to have real-time conversations with hundreds of different users at the same time.
Based on a research from “Convert with content”:
- 67% of Twitter users are far more likely to buy from the brands they follow on Twitter.
- Pick a topic that is relevant and many people can participate in.
- Look to leading niches in your industry and reach out to them to co-host with you to expand your network.
8) Make it easy for people to engage
Encourage your customers and website visitors to find you on social media and to follow or like you by using social media plugins on your blog.This way,your readers can easily share content on your blog by just clicking a button.
9) Credit/tag commenters or sharers
87% of the recognition programs at companies today focus on tenure, where people get rewarded simply for sticking around. The same can be applied to loyal customers on your content.
Followers will be more inclined to post comments or share more of your content if you give them credit for doing so. People love to receive recognition.
- Curated content is a great way to provide high quality content from other sources to your followers. It shows them that you don’t mind sharing content you haven’t created yourself as long as it’s helpful to them, which is another excellent way to bolster brand trust.
- When you use curated content, make sure that you tag the original writers.
10) Find new followers
There are a lot of tools out there for Twitter that make it easy for you to find more followers based on similar interests.
- Nearby Tweets is a tool that helps you find followers based on a combination of keywords and location.
- Then there’s InboxQ, which is a Web app that allows you to find Twitter conversations in real time based on certain keywords. You can join these conversations and contribute in meaningful ways to engage new followers.
- Twitdom and Tweepi are also helpful for finding new followers.
- Publish lots of awesome content in your niche to be a credible source in your field to increase shares and follows.
11) Get your timing right
In the social media world, timing is everything. Post a piece of content on a certain social media network at the wrong time and no one will see it, which decreases your engagement.
There are a lot of social media tools out there that help you figure out the best time to post content.
For example, Tweriod will analyze your tweets and the tweets of your followers in order to figure out what time your tweets will reach the largest amount of your followers,
And Sumorank will let you know the most efficient time for posting across the week and the most time which the audience interact with your content.
Buffer has some helpful facts to help you get your social posting timing right:
- For Facebook, post on Thursday and Friday for 18% higher engagement rates.
- Retweets have been shown to be highest around 5 p.m.
- Consumer-based marketing emails are best sent early in the morning. 23.63% of emails are opened within an hour of being received, you want to make sure your timing is on point.
12) Pinterest Sharing Secrets
With an estimated 70 million users, the Pinterest community grows and still has it’s followers.
Pinterest is worth to be in your social media strategy. This is especially true if you’re E-commerce or a local business looking to not only drive traffic but also sell products with Pinterest.
Latest statistics show that Pinterest pins that include price tags earn 36 % more “likes” than those without. This clearly makes Pinterest a potential tool to turn your followers into buyers.
13) Show Your Personality
Your followers and audience want to see that there’s actually a person or people behind your brand and the brand personality which is an important part of your positioning.
And don’t forget to ask reviews from your audience towards your services, Products, and Content.
Share with us your thoughts for the most efficient social media engagement tactics which will enhance the engagement for Brands?